Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Philosophies of the Ant




Philosophies of the Ant - Selfless Service

By David L Allred


The3hourworkday.com



When you assist enough people in getting what they want, you will, in turn, get what you want! I would like to say this is an idea, but I think it is so much more than that. This is a principle, or a rule that happens when applied. For every action there is a reaction. Take action in bringing value and gain to someone else and the reaction of blessings, fortune, kindness, whatever it is you seek will come to fruition in your life.


Take for example the ant. What are the ants main concerns in life? Shelter? Food? Protection? An ant isn't concerned with how fat they look or how out of shape they are. There is no selfishness in the colony. They all work together to support their queen and in return, they get the colony for protection, food, and shelter. I guess you could say they are working for a greater cause than themselves. There is a much higher purpose in their realm of existence and at times, I wish that we could be more like them in the aspect of team work and selflessness.


What would our world be like if we all worked together towards a greater cause? How would it affect your life personally to be part of something greater than yourself, and here's the clue: actually know it! How would that change your perspective on what truly is important. I know that when I am going through rough times in my life, all I have to do, is give service to someone else in greater need of assistance than I am. Guess what happens? My issues all of the sudden don't seem so important or as bad as they had seemed earlier. I gain a greater sense of how to get myself out of the situation I am in. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and can see that it is a lot closer than I thought it was.


So ask yourself: When was the last time you made a difference in someone else's day, life, or even business? What have you done this week or this month to serve those around you?


My challenge to you is to take some time this week and give it freely to a neighbor, a colleague, a friend, a family member, or a complete stranger by offering a simple gesture of service. Sometimes it can be as simple as a friendly smile!


Remember, there is always somebody worse off than you are. So take a little bit of time out or your life to make a difference in someone else's. It will ALWAYS come back to you tenfold. Become part of a greater cause than yourself and I promise you, you will have more prosperity and happiness than you could possibly imagine!






SaturnsLady

No comments:

Post a Comment