Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Am Carried by the Wind




I Am Carried by the Wind



Sometimes
I go about pitying myself
While I am carried by
The wind
Across the sky




That old Chippewa saying is a powerful thought. I get so caught up in the drama of daily life; I forget that I am being carried through life by the energy of the wind. This engaging energy I call the wind; this invisible force that cleanses and clears the path in nature is part of the same energy that clears my path, when I allow it to circulate through me.


If waters are placid, the moon will be mirrored perfectly. If we still ourselves, we can mirror the divine perfectly. But if we engage solely in the frenetic activities of our daily involvements, if we seek to impose our own schemes on the natural order, and if we allow ourselves to become absorbed in self-centered views, the surface of our waters becomes turbulent. Then we cannot be receptive to Tao.


There is no effort that we can make to still ourselves. True stillness comes naturally from moments of solitude where we allow our minds to settle. Just as water seeks its own level, the mind will gravitate toward the holy. Muddy water will become clear if allowed to stand undisturbed, and so too will the mind become clear if it is allowed to be still.


Ding Ming-Dao the Chinese philosopher explains how the energy of my internal wind changes me. When I allow my inner consciousness to guide me through the daily contrast I experience I express myself in synchronicity and I become a mellow breeze that touches all the corners of my world with gentleness. My perceptions of physical life are manifested and experienced in harmony with my inner world of multidimensionality and I become a product of its beauty.


The art of blending my ego with this inner breeze so that I can be smooth water and mirror my other forms of consciousness is an act of acceptance. Switching my brain off and turning on another station in my mind is not learned behavior in physical form, I have been taught to believe I must fight, push and control in order to complete my human journey with full honors. I must be a separate being who manipulates in order to delegate and who takes rather than give, conquers rather than unify.


How then do I achieve this mellowness? How do I act but not act? How do I love and accept myself completely?


Like the wind that becomes a breeze I do it naturally. I stop the pushing for, I quit the up against, and I give up the better than and allow myself the luxury of doing nothing but being. Being a spirit first, and then accepting my journey of remembering as a school of growth. In spirit I have no form, no material possessions, but I have the connection to create all I seek to experience in joy, not in self-pity. I am carried by the wind across the sky and I become a mirror that reflects the nature of All There Is.


I am the calm water of remembering and I am the moon that shines in its own image.


By Howard (Hal) Thomas Manogue
halmanogue.blogspot.com
shortsleeves.net



SaturnsLady

No comments:

Post a Comment