Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Splashes of Life



The Splashes of Life

~A Sioux Indian story~



My grandfather took me to the

fishing pond when I was about

seven, and he told me

to throw a stone into the water.


He told me to watch the circles

created by the stone.

Then he asked me to think of

myself as that stone person.


"You may create lots of

splashes in your life,

but the waves that come from

those splashes will disturb the

peaceof all your fellow creatures,

" he said.


"Remember that you are responsible

for what you put in your circle

and that circle will also touch many

other circles."


"You will need to live in a way

that allows the good that comes

from your circle to send the peace

of that goodness to others."


"The splash that comes from anger

or jealousy will sendthose feelings

to other circles. You are responsible

for both."


That was the first time I realized each

person creates the inner peace or

discord that flows out into the world.


We cannot create world peace if

we are riddled with inner conflict,

hatred, doubt, or anger.


We radiate the feelings and

thoughts that we hold inside,

whether we speak them or not.


Whatever is splashing around

inside of us is spilling out into the

world, creating beauty or discord

with all other circles of life.


Remember the eternal wisdom:


WHATEVER YOU FOCUS ON EXPANDS

Author Unknown

inspirationline.com






SaturnsLady

No comments:

Post a Comment