Friday, August 6, 2010

Angel to Angel

Photobucket



Angel to Angel


by Skye Thomas
tomorrowsedge.net



Years ago, my minister spoke to us about how you could solicit the help of your guardian angels to help with conflict resolution. She told us stories about how she and others had successfully asked their guardian angels to speak to the enemy's guardian angel. The idea being that when you find yourself in an argumentative situation with someone, that you could request that your guardian angel talk angel to angel with their guardian angel about finding a win-win situation. She gave us examples of times when after asking for the angels to help mediate the problem, that the other party suddenly softened and the solutions began to easily show themselves. As she told the stories of her successes with this approach to problem solving, I began to think about how to use it in my own life.

I'm not much for praying in the traditional down on your knees with templed hands approach. I can't concentrate like that. My knees hurt and I pay more attention to keeping my hands in that saintly position and forget to really connect with any form of a higher celestial type being. It works better for me to take out pen and paper and to hand write a letter to my angels. In really thinking through what I want to say in the letter, I guess I end up sending out a prayer after all. It's just a different form of prayer. So, when I decided to use my minister's advice about requesting angel to angel intervention for my problems in life, I immediately started writing letters to my angels and sometimes I wrote the letter directly to the other person's angel if I could get a 'feel' for which angel was looking after them.

It really worked very nicely. I don't usually have enemies per se, maybe just grumpy coworkers and such, but I did see a softening of spirit and things always got better. Yes, I admit the softening may have come from me, but that's not what's important. What matters is that the process served its purpose and peace and harmony was created much easier than before I had started writing to the angels.

So, if they can help us with bad relationships, then why can't they help us with good ones too? I started using the letters to the angels to help with my love life. I'm sorry to report that the angels will NOT help your crush fall in love with you. Bah! But they will help someone who's a bit shy but interested feel more comfortable about taking that leap of faith and asking you out. Okay, fair enough. When you just can't find the words to tell someone that you care about just how much they mean to you, then try writing it to your guardian angel and asking them to deliver the message for you. Again, whether you pray to them or write to them, it forces you to find the words to say exactly what it is you want to say. Perhaps that's where the magic lies. I don't know, but when I just write to some vague nothingness in the sky, then nothing happens. It only works when I'm writing to the angels. Maybe they're real and maybe they're not, but believing they're real and that they'll help seems to work its magic on me and on my relationships.


Photobucket



I read an email from a new friend who had read somewhere that this was a good way to repel negativity. She gave some examples of how she had used it recently in her personal life. The one I thought was very interesting was how she used the angels' help to protect her sense of personal space. She doesn't like feeling crowded by strangers and asked that the angels keep everyone back to a comfortable distance. Apparently it worked. That's an area I hadn't thought to use it in. I am reminded of walking in dark parking lots to get to my car, or when taking small children to the fair and not wanting to get separated. I will try asking for the angels' help with these little comfort and safety areas.

I've also used the letters to angels technique in my work too. One such letter became an article because they told me it was a universal prayer and needed to be typed up formally for everyone's benefit. In the past, I've used the prayer letters to help me find start up capital for my business and to help me find the right office space to lease. I keep an open-ended request for guidance in all of my spiritual work. I ask them when to write, what to write, when to pitch my work, when to rework the website, and when to have a toes-
in-the-sand-at-the-beach-day so as to become re-inspired again. As long as I'm listening, I pretty much always get great advice and am in the flow of some sort of cosmic divine timing. When I can't 'hear' them and need direction, then I will write the letters again. Soon afterwards, I am able to 'feel' their presence and can spot the signs again that they're still here helping me.

I don't use them too much for personal gain, because I have this funny little voice that says I'm not supposed to bug them for money and material possessions. I am working to get past that belief system because when I have asked them to help with creating a new car or to find the new home we're meant to live in, they've always taken excellent care of us and found the perfect car or the perfect home for us at that time.

Find your form of prayer. I don't think it matters how you create the prayer, but I do know that it works. Call on them and they will help you, in their way, in their time.



SaturnsLady



No comments:

Post a Comment