Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Pressure of Becoming Someone


The Pressure of Becoming Someone

By Neil Legault
unbelievableyou.com

”Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.” ~ Osho

We tend to put so much pressure on ourselves to be somebody, to get and to accomplish stuff that it’s not a surprise if the majority of us get stuck, feel depressed, feel put down and allot of people eventually “give up”. I see many elderly people simply bitter at the world… They played the game, worked hard and feel beaten. So much pressure to be and get… But what are we measuring ourselves against? Why do we do what we do?

Living in this world and growing up in this society is the only point of reference I have ever had and over time, it created the conditions in which I measure myself. All my understanding about the world and life was taught to me. I struggle like most do to “make it”. But what is it I’m trying to do? Who am I becoming? What if all this social conditioning became some sort of brain wash? What if what I’m being told by society is wrong?

If you listen to several Osho discourses you will see that on most occasions he tries to show us that the societal beliefs about who we are and what life is about is insane. And that almost if not all of our problems with self esteem and self worth are all part of our reactions to this conditioning.

The more someone gets put down the more they will believe they are not worth anything. But who is the one deciding your worth? Who are they? Are they an authority? Are they God? NO. But we believe “the world” around us because that’s all we see. We are all living in some way unconsciously by our conditioning believing what the world is telling us. We are driven by what we believe about ourselves. This is what all the masters are trying to show us.

YOU are a wonder of the universe. Out of everything ever possible out of the trillions of random happenings, out of everything that could ever be, YOU exist!

Ponder on this for a while and you will see how special you are. This Universe created YOU. Life created you. Life is a miracle in itself and that miracle created you. It is our beliefs and conditioning that stops us from seeing it. Layers upon layers of repeated experiences and repeated messages I have heard from being in this society is forming what I believe. Everywhere I look someone is selling me the hope of being somebody and that my happiness is connected to it… Telling me that it’s this way or that way, read this, look into that… If you are trying to become somebody, where are you going to find yourself?

Over the years, a lot of who “I” think “I” am is invested in getting there… To finally “be” the person I want to be, to finally get what I’ve always wanted… to be happy. I tell you this; find the YOU that IS the miracle of the Universe and you will need to look no further.

No more searching for happiness. You will be happiness itself and you will joy everywhere.

And that’s not the end! It’s a beginning. There is so much to discover about yourself, so much wonder to see and be a part of. Just step back, step out of your thinking for a while and let life come back to you.

When your awareness of the Genuine You returns, the universe opens up to you… You are aligned with it. Everything falls into place and there is no need to struggle to get anything because you have everything… YOU.
You are a masterpiece of life.

“You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!” ~ Eckhart Tolle

Dare to “Be” the wonder that you are!

Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment