Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fed Up with Fighting?

Photobucket



Fed Up with Fighting?


by Suzanne Giesemann
SuzanneGiesemann.com



Just say: I love you. Three words that work miracles.

I recall very clearly one day when I got really upset with my husband. It was nothing more than the normal bumps in any marriage, but I was distressed to the point of crying. I wanted to lash out at him, to scream and rant. I had enough sense to retreat, though, and I found a place where I could be alone. That’s when I started praying. In despair I asked, How am I supposed to deal with this situation? I sat there, shaking with emotion, and just like that, the answer popped into my head as clearly as if it had been spoken aloud: “Love him.”


That’s it. Two little words: Just “love him.”


It was that simple.


I have to tell you, I wasn’t feeling very loving at the moment. I was the one who felt unloved, but through my emotion I was able to see the wisdom in those words. Isn’t that what we all want? Isn’t that the root of so many problems, of most arguments and conflicts when you dig down under the surface: That you don’t feel loved? That day with my husband, it didn’t matter who was right and who was wrong. It never does.


If we all loved each other all the time, wouldn’t life be so much happier? So much more peaceful? But we let our egos get in the way, instead of remembering why we’re here in the first place: To love our neighbors as much as ourselves—to develop our spirit to the fullest and to serve others.


When you remember your purpose and act on it, you discover the unbelievable power contained in those three simple words: I love you. Said from the heart, those words can work miracles. They instantly disarmed my husband that day and brought me immediate peace. And I ask you: What else could do that? Nothing but love.. Love is the most powerful force in the universe. Love is the highest vibration.


* Messages of Hope Poem *


Tempers flare, passions rise

In the heat of anger.

Healing wounds should be your goal

Whenever there is rancor.


There is no need for enmity,

No sense in feeling hate.

So patch up all your differences

Before it is too late.


For love’s a very precious thing,

The most treasured gift you’ve got.

And when you waste your time with hate

You wither on the spot.


Your time on earth is very short,

Oft measured just in hours.

So spend it exercising love--

The strongest of your powers.


Hate and fear will weigh you down,

But love it has no weight.

You’ll feel the lightness of the air

When you do banish hate.


So pack your bags.

The trip you’re on has many twists and turns.

But joyous is the journey

For he who this lesson learns:


Love’s the only thing that’s real.

It lies there at your core.

Your job’s to bring it to the light

And shine forever more.





SaturnsLady

No comments:

Post a Comment