Finding Balance in Life
by Chris @ zentofitness.com
Many of us try to juggle things and endlessly search for some kind of balance in life. The question we should ask is whether we need balance or just to be able to stand on solid ground?
The thought of balance is a very appealing one, juggling all arenas of life and getting things just right in order to feel great. A good Social life, A Healthy Diet, The right amount of Exercise, Working hard yet getting enough down time, throw in family time and achieving balance becomes pretty hard. Leaving us exhausted and stressed out, making the fine balance we are trying to achieve to improve our health and well-being the thing the hardest part.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
The truth is we cannot walk a tight rope in life and achieve perfect balance, it is simply unattainable, too much. We need to accept who we are and the way things are then move from there….
Once we stop fretting over making everyone happy, eating an exact way or fitting in exercise all the time life seems to slip into place. first though you must accept the person you are right now. If you like to chill out at home and watch DVD’s sometimes then so be it, If your a Vegetarian and don’t eat meat then so be it, If your training schedule means you can’t get wasted every friday night then so be it. We might disappoint people or offend them by being ourselves but it has to be that way. Meaning that you can still do what you like and live the lifestyle you want to live while letting go of the perfection or balancing act.
You will probably find that you will start living a more fulfilled life and actually achieve more of your goals. Things will become effortless and the lowered levels of stress will make you think better and perform better in whatever you do. Plus you will probably become more outgoing and easygoing by nature.
Accept who you are right now and the way you do things now and get on with life. We cannot achieve a perfect balance and live on a tightrope for any sustained length of time so its better to spend time on solid ground where everything doesn’t matters as much but you still do your best to lead the life you try to lead.
Live in The Real World
We all have to make a living, have a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and stay healthy in order to achieve a life in the real world. Ultimately anything that makes it harder to live in the real world for you should be given a second thought. It doesn’t matter which aspect of your lifestyle is holding you back. Take a good look at it and make the necessary compromises that will allow you to live with stability in the real world. The funny thing is that most of the habits and lifestyles we have imposed that hold us back are often the ones which we initially imposed to make our lives more simple, and ended up having the opposite effect. So that is a good place to start looking.
So let’s re-iterate. So long as you have stability in all areas of your life then you are doing well for me it comes down to:
Quality relationships with friends and family
Having a purpose or profession you love
Eating well and Exercising regularly
Relaxation time and knowing how to unwind
These things give us stability and they allow us to keep a firm grip on the best life has to offer. Walking the tight rope and finding balance to me means perfecting all of these areas nearly 100% of the time and this is exhausting and unatainable. Stability is real balance and comes from doing things well 80% of the time and leaving yourself and and your mind that 20% leeway to breathe!