Tuesday, June 14, 2011

5 Daily Habits for Positive Thinking


5 Daily Habits for Positive Thinking

by Wendy Tomlinson

suite101.com

Positive thinking is essential if you want to improve your life and create the things you want. When you understand the law of attraction you will understand that we must take charge of our thoughts if we are to successfully create the life we desire.

However most of us have spent years thinking about what we don't want and don't like and allowing negative thoughts to sabotage our dreams. With these 5 daily habits for positive thinking you will quickly see changes.

Begin and end each day with positive affirmations. Stand in front of a mirror to say your affirmations whenever possible and keep all affirmations in present tense.


Positive Affirmations

Positive affirmations you might use are:


I am healthy and slim


I am a money magnet


I have lots of wonderful friends


I have a loving family


I am loved


I am successful in all areas of my life


I am confident and positive


I'm always in the right place at the right time


Design your own affirmations that fit your own desires. For example, if you want to attract a new car, your affirmation could be I am now the owner of a brand new red sports car.


Use affirmations throughout the day. The more you practice using affirmations the more naturally they will come to mind as needed.


Thought Swapping Whenever you catch yourself having a negative thought swap it for a slightly better thought. Here's an example. It's Monday morning and the post arrives with a pile of bills. You groan and complain about the bills and say I'm never going to have any money for the things I want.

STOP. These are negative thoughts.


Now is the time to swap.


How about this instead. Okay so I have bills. One is for the electricity that powers my home. I love that we have free flowing electricity so that we can enjoy the television, lighting, the music system, the computer...


The second bill is insurance for my car. My fabulous car. I love my car. I love knowing that all I have to do is get in my car and I can go pretty much wherever I want.


I'm sure you get the idea. Be thankful for the service you receive and pay the bill with thanks.


VisualizationsVisualizations are incredibly powerful. Spend time as often as possible visualizing (daydreaming) the life you desire. Visualize your day as you want it to be. This is a fantastic way of tricking the mind into thinking what you want already exists allowing you to naturally attract this into your life. I recommend spending a few minutes at the begining and end of each day

Time for some funEvery single day make time for fun in your life. Read the jokes in the newspaper, watch a comedy on tv, read a funny book, do a funny dance around the office or your home, stand in front of the mirror and pull funny faces, play games, play with your kids (or someone else's), it really doesn't matter what you do, just make it a part of your daily life to have fun EVERY DAY.


Meditate


Be consistent with your daily habits

Habits are formed over a period of time. To start with you will need to think conciously about doing all 5 habits daily and it may seem like a bit of a chore in the beginning. I suggest commiting to the 5 daily habit for the next 30 days. By this time the positive habits will have become a part of your natural day and you will no longer need to think so much about completing them as you will have begun to do them automatically.

By the end of the 30 days I would certainly expect you to be feeling and thinking much more positively.

The word meditation brings a variety of different pictures to my mind. This is an area you can explore yourself. Some people enjoy long guided meditations or group meditations and they are extremelly relaxing and powerful. However for our daily habits I suggest a few minutes sitting quietly and clearing your mind. The best technique I have found is to focus on your breathing. Take 3 slow and deep breaths and then relax into a natural breathing rythm and begin slowly counting to 10. When you get to 10 count backward to zero. If your mind wanders just start again. Try to spend around 10 minutes doing this. This particular technique can be done anywhere. Because you are counting, your mind gradually empties allowing you to feel calm and positive



SaturnsLady

No comments:

Post a Comment